I love crackers. Always have. Always will. I was so excited when I found a delicious cracker recipe over at Against All Grain. As Danielle’s original recipe uses almond flour, I wanted to see if it would work with almond meal as almond flour is not available where I live. Sure enough, it does! The following recipe is my own adaptation. I have come up with a few different varieties. Here are my Pistachio Raisin Crackers. Hope you enjoy them
- 1 cup almond meal (also works with almond flour)
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons pistachio kernels
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F/177C.
- Put the first four ingredients into a blender all except for the pistachio kernels and raisins. Blend well until a dough forms. Add the pistachio kernels and raisins and blend them in until you can see they have been broken down into small chunks.
- Get 2 sheets of baking paper. Place the first sheet onto a baking tray. Form a ball with the dough and put it onto the middle of the first sheet. Next place the second sheet of baking paper on top of the dough. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough as thinly as desired. The thinner you roll it out the crispier they will be. Discard top baking sheet.
- Using a knife cut little squares as shown in the photo above.
- Place tray into oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Rotate the tray about halfway through. Wait until a golden brown appears and they are ready!
- These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or two.