- Wild caught salmon ***If you are in Australia like me, wild caught salmon is only found canned/tinned. I have found that Costco has ready to eat, fully cooked wild Alaskan smoked sockeye salmon available – an entire salmon per box. (With this no-bake option, just remove salmon from package and place on baking tray to catch the juices – I like to use baking paper as well for easier cleanup – then simply add the sage, lemon juice, dill, and coriander on top and you are ready to go!)
- Fresh bunch of cilantro (coriander)
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 1-2 lemons, depending on how much salmon you are cooking) ***I use 1 lemon for half of an entire salmon and 2 lemons for a whole entire salmon.
- Preheat oven to 450F/232C.
- Place salmon skin side down on a foil or baking paper lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl pour in the lemon juice and sage (to taste) to create a “rub”. ***I like to use a lot of sage as you can see in the photo above.
- Spread “rub” on top of salmon as thick as you would like. (The thicker the better in my opinion).
- Next sprinkle a light dusting of dill on top.
- Bake salmon in oven until it is thoroughly cooked – about 15 minutes thawed, longer if frozen.
- Chop up your fresh bunch of cilantro (coriander) while salmon is in the oven and when salmon is finished cooking, use your hands to put a thick (if you are like me) layer on top as shown in the photo above – use as much or as little as desired. Refrigerate any remaining cilantro (coriander).