- Carob powder – I have tried this recipe with both cacao powder and cocoa powder but in my opinion these taste best with carob powder
- Coconut butter, warmed enough to stir easily
- Coconut oil, melted
- Nut butter of choice for bottom layer (I use an Almond, Brazil Nut, and Cashew Blend) ***Completely optional, otherwise entire cup will be the carob-coconut blend which is stricly AIP compliant 🙂
- Grab some muffin liners.
- Optional step – Scoop some nut butter into muffin liner filling about 1/3 of the way up. ***Leave out if following AIP.
- In a bowl pour in 1 heaping spoonful of coconut butter if using nut butter method and 2 heaping spoonfuls if filling entire muffin cup with carob-coconut blend. Slowly add in sprinklings of carob powder so that they both have equal parts. These 2 ingredients do not mix perfectly so next I add a little bit of melted coconut oil in order to get the liquid effect. Once you can easily stir it and everything blends well you know you’ve got enough coconut oil.
- Pour mixture into muffin liner directly on top of the nut butter so that it leaves the liner filled about 2/3 of the way up.
- Stick in freezer. I like to leave these in the freezer overnight so that they get fully frozen which is my favorite way to eat them! Make as many as your heart desires!