These can be a snack, a finger food at a party, or whatever you would like them to be! I LOVE the simplicity. Even better, it combines protein, healthy fat, and a safe starch all in every bite!
Note: 1 large avocado and 2 sweet potatoes make roughly 8 of these.
- Bacon – 1 slice of bacon for each one you want to make as shown in the photos above.
- Avocado(s), mashed – Also, if you want to get extra creative you can add some chopped fresh cilantro (called coriander in Australia) and lime juice to your avocado mash. ***I use the juice of one lime for every 1 avocado and cilantro to taste…I like a lot so use about 1/4 cup for every 1 avocado.
- Sweet Potatoes – cut up into coin size slices. I like to use the fattest part in the middle of the potatoes to make these and save the ends for leftovers 🙂
- Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 392F/200C.
- Cut up sweet potatoes into coin size slices. Put them in a bowl and pour in melted coconut oil and mix until the potatoes are all coated in oil. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the oven on top rack – bacon is going on bottom rack 😉
- Line another baking sheet with foil and arrange bacon slices on it. Put in the oven on the bottom rack.
- While these 2 ingredients are baking, work on mashing your avocado(s) in a bowl along with chopping up the cilantro (coriander) and adding lime juice if desired. Mix well.
- Once sweet potatoes are soft and bacon is crispy (well, I like it crispy anyway) then simply scoop spoonfuls of avocado mash onto sweet potatoes and curl the bacon with your fingers like in my photos above and place on top of the avocado mash. That’s it!
- Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!